Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rabbits Prefer Chocolate Quilt

 With Easter
 coming a little early this year
I'm happy to have finished my
Rabbits Prefer Chocolate
quilt.
 The pattern by 
came out a while back.
The original pattern (see above)
can be found on 
Bunny Hill Designs web site 
For me, the top was a 
work in progress
over several years.
Once I met 
Pat Roche (Pat's Just Quilting)
I knew she was the one
I wanted to do the 
long arm quilting.
She did such a wonderful job,
and I am sooo pleased!
 This post is a little picture heavy, 
but I wanted you to be able to see each
appliqued block,
and especially 
how Pat's quilting really
really enhanced each space.
 One of the fun parts of this quilt
was adding the extra embellishments
of colorful ribbons and buttons.
I went through my mother's old button jar,
so there is a little bit of 
family heritage within this quilt.
Enjoy!
Chocolate rabbits 
always were my favorite candy
in my basket each year.
Happy Easter!

13 comments:

Angie said...

This quilt is stunning---from the fabrics to the applique to the quilting---gorgeous

•stephanie• said...

i'm so glad i got to see this quilt up close and personal.
it's quite a work of art.
what a treasure!
happy easter!

Kris said...

Nelda - This quilt is absolutely darling and Pat did a great job with the quilting, enhancing your work to the max!! And your Mom's buttons - perfect!!! Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute quilt, I seem to remember several people working on this one a couple years ago.

Melissa said...

I love Bunny Hill but have been too intimidated to try one. Love yours, what perfect timing for a finish! Happy Easter.

Lurline said...

Happy Easter Nedra - God bless!
Hugs - lurline!

Lynette said...

Oooo - Nedra - way to go! I just love this quilt, and you did such a nice job with it. :D

Gina E. said...

Oh Nedra, this is fabulous! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide all the individual closeups; I would never have been able to appreciate the work and embellishments on each panel otherwise. I can understand why it took so long to do!

Kerry said...

Love this quilt, Nedra. I've just finished Block 5 of mine- so funny to see you've just finished yours.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

It's adorable!. All that applique! Great job and perfect timing! Happy Easter!

Lois Evensen said...

What a darling Easter Quilt! Happy Easter, my friend.

Hugs from Port Canaveral, Florida,
Lois :)

AnnieO said...

Beautiful quilting--love all your color choices and the sweet embellishments. Enjoy!

Cindy said...

What a fun, fun work of art. I love the fun embellishments. Good job, very well done.