Monday, March 25, 2013

Bumble Bee Quilt Label

 Lori Holt's
Bee In My Bonnet
Row Along
just gets better and better!
 We may be at the end of 
sewing our rows,
but 
the creativity continues
as she shares with us a 
on making 
this darling
Bumble Bee Quilt Label
 I really appreciate Lori's suggestion
of printing the wording out first
on copy paper
and then transferring the lettering
with a pigma marker.
* I used 
Sans Comic font
size 36 text
on my computer
 I usually write the lettering freehand
and I like the crispness and exactness of this technique
much more.
I didn't even have to use a light box or window.
The lettering showed through clearly
and was easy to trace.
 The next step was to embroider
the antenna's and 
wording.
 This little extra touch really 
adds so much.
 And the bee even has a little stinger!
That Lori thinks of everything.
I can tell my labels have been pretty boring in the past,
but no more!
I really like this idea
of making a quilt block
to match the theme on the front 
of the quilt.

4 comments:

•stephanie• said...

A+

Sherri said...

Your label is perfect!

Cindy said...

What a fun idea--I love it Nedra.

Nanette Merrill said...

Sew cute but I have to tell you, I don't have it in me. And I should. I'm a bee person!!