Monday, March 26, 2012

Yo Yo Rows

Many of the quilts and projects that caught my eye at the Quilters of Trilogy show were made by Linda Orth.
We could be kindred spirits.
I especially liked Yo Yo Rows
Linda wrote that she found the pattern in the June 2011 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
A total of 409 yo yo's in all.
I love this quilt!
I'm always on the lookout for stash busters.
So different than the traditional yo yo quilt, and also a great way to use up scrap fabrics.
One Man's Tie is Another Woman's Purse
Linda also made this cute little purse out of a man's tie.
Can you see how the closure flap is at the end of the tie?
(sorry, my pictures are not the best)
I've been hunting on the Internet for a link to the pattern and found that it's a Karen Fyke Original.
The pattern isn't listed, only a purse for sale on Etsy.
Anyone else have more information?
Love the added vintage button.
Looks like a quick, easy project that would be fun to make in a class or at a guild meeting.

3 comments:

Lurline said...

Those yo-yos are just sooo neat!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jennifer said...

Beautiful yo-yos! I've always wanted to try making them... I've even gone as far as to buy the yo-yo maker.

Jennifer :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Love that idea for yo yos.