Thursday, March 29, 2012

Peek A Boo Monsters Quilt

When you move to a new state (like I have) it takes a little while to discover the local quilt talent.
Who are the names everyone seems to be talking about because we love their work?
In the quilting world we all have diverse interests, which is wonderful thing because it allows many people to shine.
While attending the Arizona Quilters Guild show, I discovered my new favorite Arizona designer, and I can tell you that I will be watching everything she makes.
Ann L. Petersen is originally from Colorado, but lives in Surprise, AZ for the winter.
She designed this wonderful baby quilt Peek A Boo Monsters for her grandson's nursery.
This quilt took a first place ribbon in the Mixed-Small category
Ann wrote "My daughter-in-law planned a nursery with cute monsters in black, white and green. This is the quilt I designed to hang on his wall."
Do you see the Saguaro cactus monster?
Of course I fell in love with this quilt!
Are these not the cutest monsters?
Ann does all of her own machine quilting, too.
Wonderful fabrics.
Wonderful colors.
Tomorrow I will share with you another quilt from Ann, and tell you some of the things I have learned about her.

6 comments:

dream quilt create said...

Yes, those are the cutest monsters!

Jana said...

How cute! I am going to "need" that pattern! So glad you shared!

•stephanie• said...

so adorable and it reminds me of one of my favorite movies - monsters inc. i laugh every time i watch it.

Unknown said...

If monsters can be described as happy, that would be them.

Abby and Stephanie said...

That is DARLING!

Cindy said...

I love it! 5 year old Jack was looking over my shoulder and thought it was 'cool'!