Monday, March 19, 2012

Quilted Wearable Art

Another really fun category at the Arizona Quilters Guild show was Wearable Art and Accessories.
Pastel Children's Jacket by Iris Lacey
What a great way to incorporate Dresdens that are so popular right now.
And I love the Bell sleeves.
A really nice grandma would be thinking about how to make one of these for her grand daughter :)
Canyon Jewel by Wanda Seale
It was really fun to see my friend Wanda, and to know she won a first place ribbon for her jacket.
Wanda wrote "Original organic shapes using Just Imaginations hand dyed fabrics with yarns and various textural embellishments."
Beautiful job Wanda!
I love the button, too.
The colors and design are perfect for here in Arizona.

2 comments:

dream quilt create said...

I love the pink jacket with the dresden plate and the ruffled 3/4 sleeves :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I heart dresdens!!!