Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Magical Midnight Garden

I still have a few quilts to show you from the Arizona Quilters Guild show.
With over 300 quilts hung, it was a hard decision to know which ones to photograph.
My eye kept going to the quilts with black background and bright fabrics.
Magical Midnight Garden by Judith Ritner
Quilted by Cindy Phare
Blue ribbon winner under Group Category
Judith wrote: "This original design was created and executed by the Designing Women Quilt Group."
Techniques: Paper Piecing, Pieced and Hand Applique
More intricate paper piecing is on my someday list.
I'd love to practice on stars like these.
Beautiful!

8 comments:

Crafts4others said...

wow, that quilt is amazing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sure is a lovely quilt - the only thing I don't like about black is the dust and lint it picks up.
Karen

Needled Mom said...

That is stunning!!!!

Maria said...

Wonderfull!

Cindy said...

Wow Nedra, that must have been one amazing quilt show. So many beautiful quilts and talented quilters.

dream quilt create said...

I wonder how long it took her to make that quilt, it is stunning!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Totally spectacular!

Jana said...

This quilt is gorgeous! I know I have a kit with black background.....should really pull it out and look at it. Notice I didn't say start it. :) Your quilt show must have been wonderful to see....so many beautiful quilts you have shown!