Sunday, March 4, 2012

The End To A Perfect Week

I'm sitting in the Salt Lake City airport, contemplating the end to a perfect week.
We left Rae Ann's cabin in Star Valley yesterday morning, all wishing we could continue on for at least another week.
But, reality calls.
We drove back through Salt Lake, where I was dropped off to spend some time with my two youngest children, which was like icing on top of the cake for this wonderful week :)

While we were at the cabin some of us actually finished a quilt.
(*no, I'm not on the list)
Susann completed Survivors designed by Geoff's Mom Pattern Company

Beautifully done in Civil War fabrics.

Rae Ann had placed flannel backed table cloths around the room for us to use as design walls.
It was so fun to look up and see our progress through out the week.
Judi had already folded up and tucked away her Bunny Quilt, but I asked if she would pull it out so I could photograph her work.

Not sure of the pattern name, but you can always contact her over on her blog Live Well With Judi.

She decided to applique the bunny out of wool, and used a beautiful hand dyed variegated thread for the blanket stitch.

When I think of Judi, I think of pink cabbage roses and Shabby Chic.

Judi also worked on a Halloween quilt.
Pattern: 1904 by Blackbird Designs

Judi commented that with all of this practice, she is finally starting to like applique.
Up until now, it had been whispered "the A word" as if someone was swearing.

I'll show you a few more of our projects tomorrow.

8 comments:

beth said...

LOVE that first quilt! All that pretty yellow, squares and stars. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

You all were productive! Fabulous projects too. Don't worry though you, too, will finish yours! Looking forward to lunch with you tomorrow!

Kris said...

Well, Nedra - This does look like you had a perfect week and then to get to see your kids to boot!! Just how good can life be?? Love all the quilts!! Kris

Jana said...

Sounds like a very fun week! Love the design walls with everyone's progress!

Janet said...

I love the yellow in the first quilt and all the projects look fabulous. Thanks for sharing, I'll look forward to more show and tell.

antique quilter said...

what fun! must have been inspirational just looking around the room and seeing all the projects.
Love the halloween quilt has been on my list for a few years now!
thanks for sharing.
Kathie

Me and My Stitches said...

Beautiful projects! I love the picture with all of the design walls. What a fun retreat with friends!

Nanette Merrill said...

That Raeann, of course she had design walls for everyone. They all look great. I'm super jealous.