Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

Do you prepare some foods that you only make during a certain time of the year? I do. Every fall and only in the fall I like to bake Pumpkin muffins. I'm not sure why I only make them October or November, because canned pumpkin is available year round. For some reason I just don't think they would taste very good in March or April.
I had a quilt meeting at my home this morning, and yes, even though it's still way too hot outside (today's high 91 degrees) I served pumpkin muffins and apple juice.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. The batter will be thick. That's OK

Place in muffin tins. This recipe makes a lot. I fill the cups pretty full and can still get 3 dozen.

Place a pecan on the top of the batter before baking. For those family members who don't like nuts, I always leave a few with out. Or they can pick them off if they want.

PUMPKIN MUFFINS
3 C. sugar
2 C. pumpkin (16 oz. can)
1 C. oil
2/3 C. water
4 eggs
3 C. flour (heaped)
2 tsp. soda
2/3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg or allspice
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Mix. Put pecan on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For bread: you can add cranberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love your blog. You inspire me! I love your recipes, rugs and quilts. Someday Nedra, I'm coming for lessons on it all! love you!

Nanette Merrill said...

ok these I have got to make, conference weekend seems a perfect time!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm up way too early and just fixed a cup of strong delicious tea and then came to your blog. I'd love one of those muffins right now! I also make a pumpkin raisin muffin only in the fall. I will be trying your recipe. Thanks for sharing.