Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

 Row 10 - Houses
of the Row Along
with Lori Holt of  Bee In My Bonnet
are now
happily all lined up on the street.
When Lori designed these houses she asked 
"Won't You Be My Neighbor?"
I pulled out my fabric scraps
and quickly responded
"Yes!"
 5 Cute little houses
with a light on in the window,
waiting for friends to come and play.
 One door has a wreath, wrapped with flowers fresh from the garden.
 Another house
has a cabbage rose roof,
 with a smiling face in the front window.
At the end of the street is a purple house
where birds sing in a melodious duet.
 But my favorite houses of all are 
designed where Lori and I can be next door neighbors.
We often have talked about how we wish we lived near each other.
In my pretend world, we now do!
 I will think fondly of Lori every time I see this quilt,
 and remember our
Row Along together.
I
The best of friends are 
back door neighbors.
I'll be waiting for your little 3-knock signal,
ready to lend a cup of sugar
and a few eggs.

10 comments:

Material Mary said...

Great job Nedra. I just need to make this row and then I am caught up...

dream quilt create said...

I love your cute houses!!! The wreath on the door, the little girl looking out the window and the little birds. I love it that you and Lori are neighbors with your names over the doors, how sweet! She will love that :). Great job Nedra!!! I finished my row of houses tonight. Phew, it was a marathon!!!

Carol said...

Cute, Cute houses! Love them!

Lynette said...

I love your houses! Very fun details here and there. :D

Lori Holt said...

YaY!!!...thanks for my cute yellow house that lives next door to your aqua house:)...I'll be over for Sew Day tomorrow!

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice. I think Mr. Rogers would like them, too. ;)

Needled Mom said...

What a happy neighborhood!!! Those are all darling.

•stephanie• said...

of course you personalized your houses.
how cute is that???

Astrid said...

I have seen several of those houses in blogland recently and they are just too cute! Love them!

trish said...

Your house blocks are adorable and so sweet to add Loris last name. What a special quilt this will be! :0)