Monday, February 16, 2009

Pretty Little Potholders

I haven't been getting any quilting done the last few days. Instead I've been busy getting ready to teach several classes up at a quilt retreat at Bryce. Ricci and I leave day after tomorrow, and we are really looking forward to seeing many of you!

I've been working on my hand outs and supplies for the 3 classes I will be teaching. I'm taking my lap top and will show you the fun events while I am there.

Today I had to stop by Joann's to get some things for my classes, and of course, I had to use my 50% off coupon on something. Had to, Had to.
I've been collecting the wonderful books of the "Pretty Little" series. I already have "Pretty Little Patchwork" and "Pretty Little Pincushions". Today I picked up "Pretty Little Potholders". I want to make every project in these books!

I loved the simplicity of these potholders. The rick rack makes me think of Nanette of Freda's Hive. Have you seen the post on the tubes of colorful rick rack lined up on her sewing room shelf? Even if she doesn't sew with the trim, it looks pretty just as is!

My girlfriend Judi would love this potholder. Judi makes the most delicious cakes and has a beautiful collection of cake stands. I might have to make her one of these. (Shhh.. don't tell her.)

These round ones are funky and seem easy to do. Looks like a great way to use up scraps and all the DMC embroidery thread left over from my cross stitch days.

I didn't have time to participate in the teapot exchange the last few months. I really have enjoyed seeing all of the samples on your posts. Of course, seeing your things made me want to make each one, and share in all the fun. Sometimes I feel like I am standing outside looking through a window at the wonderfully creative things going on inside your homes.
Did anyone make this potholder?

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh, that is the cutest teapot potholder! You'll be busy up at Ruby's teaching classes and all...I'll be up on Thursday afternoon...see you there!

Annie said...

Hi, Nedra! Hey, you and Ricci have some fun at Ruby's. Heather and I are off to Asilomar on Friday, so I'm busy trying to get ready for that, too.

Those are darn cute potholders. Sounds like a good series of books. I'll have to check them out.

Later,

Annie

Abby and Stephanie said...

I've seen the book but did NOT know about the cute teapot potholder. Now I may have to buy the book. :o) I have the Pretty Little Patchwork book.

MAM said...

The Valentine cookies look great...I'm sure I didn't get a delivery (though I hope I'm a friend) because you know I'm trying right now to get the Christmas nibbling weight gain off!! Actually, you were busy with the funeral, too!
You and Ricci have a great time at Ruby's Inn. Hugs, Margaret PS: I now have you on my blog favorites and I love the potholders...that would be a fun sewing day for Divas!!!

Material Mary said...

What fun little potholders. It is such a great way to use up scraps and batting scraps. Have fun teaching your classes. Sounds like great times ahead...
Mary