Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Church Quilt Day/ February

This morning was our quilt day over at our church.

This is the quilt Patti has been working on. She will add two more borders and some applique.

Doris is still knitting away on her "Eternal Sweater". I just love to tease Doris about how long she has been working on the same project. She really does complete other things in between meetings, she just likes to bring this one when we get together once a month.
I made her hold it up so I can document the length each month. (tease, tease).
Ann is working on a quilt that I have made before. It's called "Nine Patch Envy" from the book Mostly Traditional by Calico Printworks.

This is the block once it's trimmed.
Lucille was working on a quilt she inherited when her mother passed away. Lucille was guessing that her mother did the embroidery work in the 1940's. Her mom pieced the top and then put the quilt away in a closet. Lucille found a backing to match and is now hand quilting around the original blocks.



On a personal note, these are the ladies that helped at my house last week as we put together a quilt for President Nelson, a well respected leader in our church congregation. Our bishop was able to present the quilt to President Nelson and his wonderful wife last Saturday.
Our bishop read a note from the Nelson's over the pulpit on Sunday, where they expressed gratitude for the love and support expressed by our congregation.
Unfortunately, President Nelson passed away last night. Our hearts and prayers go out to their family during this time of grief.

9 comments:

Huenu said...

Hi Nedra! Thank you for posting pictures of your sewing day at church, I really miss my ward and all the wonderful ladies in it. Keep up the good work, I'm soooo glad I helped you get started on your blog!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm sure the quilt will bring much comfort to President Nelson's wife. How wonderful he was able to receive it.

Material Mary said...

Aren't you glad you are speedy quilters and he had an opportunity to know that he was cared about. Such a wonderful service.
Mary

Debra Dixon said...

Your quilt for the Nelsons turned out super and I am so glad you were able to get it to them before the passing of Pres Nelson. That was a thoughtful and timely gesture on the part of all involved.

Fun projects from your friends! I especially like the Ninepatch-looks like a good scrapbuster.

Anonymous said...

I love to see what everyone is working on!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm so glad you got the quilt done for the Nelsons. How sad for her. What a great project. You've landed yourself in a wonderful ward with wonderful women.

Sherri said...

I love the nine patch envy block...don't think I've seen that before! What a great service you all did in making the quilt for the Nelson family!

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

Looks like you have a fun group to meet with. Do you all come to work on your own projects or do you do a group project?
Thanks
Regena
quiltfever3.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

I love to see the different projects..they are all so stunning!! I am glad your President was able to see the quilt before he passed. What a blessing of service your group rendered.