Friday, December 5, 2008

Quilted Works

"Quilted Works" is a local quilt shop here in St. George. This weekend they are having their Christmas Open House, with refreshments and make-it-and-take-its. Plus they had a fantastic sale, with everything in the store 25% off/ Christmas fabrics 50% off. Ricci and I were the first ones through the door when they opened, and within minutes the store was full of many of our friends. We all love a sale, especially when fabric is involved.

I thought this was the cutest make-it-and-take-it. It can be made into a pot holder or a trivet, depending on the size you cut the squares. I will do a tutorial on them in the next few days because they were fast and easy to do. I'm thinking neighbor gifts, or something fun to match with all those aprons we are making.

The next make- it- and- take- it were these darling embroidered dish towels. The staff set up the program on their Pfaff, and within minutes we had a Christmas towel.

The next demo were napkins folded to look like Christmas trees.
The edges are serged twice to give a finished look.
Start with an 18 inch circle. Cut in 1/2


Once the edges are serged, there are 4 folds to make the Christmas tree effect:


Ricci came over yesterday for a sewing day. She just made this apron for a Christmas present.
I love the pear fabric.


She also finished another "Round About" quilt.


Ricci brought me a present: new Kaffe Fassett fabric! She knows what I love. This fabric is shown in a quilt in his new book. You have to look close at the pattern, because they have fussy cut the paisley sections. I think I just might be trying that.

Two color ways.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Fun stuff! You always inspire me. I need to give you a call and get over and have you help me finish that quilt. I don't think life will ever slow down, so now's as good as ever right?