Monday, December 1, 2008

Crab Rounds

I usually make Crab Rounds over the holidays. This year I made them on Thanksgiving day when we were at Ruth's house. Sorry about the lousy pictures, my camera wasn't cooperating. But trust me, you will want to try these.

First separate the Hungry Jack biscuits to get 32 rounds

Top each one with the crab mixture

Add 1-2 sliced water chestnuts on top. Sprinkle with parsley and bake.
CRAB ROUNDS
1 can (7 1/2 oz.) crab, drained, boned and flaked
1 C. grated Swiss cheese
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon dried green onion or 2 Tablespoons fresh, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 tsp. curry powder * oops- Sorry for the mistake on the first post! And this small amount doesn't give off a curry taste for those who don't like curry.
1 can water chestnuts, thinly sliced
1/4 C. parsley, finely chopped
1 Can Hungry Jack buttermilk biscuits (the flaky kind that will separate into layers)
Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Separate layers of the biscuits to get 32 rounds. Place on greased cookie sheets. Spread crab mixture on biscuits. Top with water chestnuts. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

5 comments:

Di~ said...

interesting recipe. are you serious about the 14 t. curry? it caught my eye because my guy doesn't like curry in anything.
I sure enjoyed reading about your Thanksgiving! fun fun fun

MM said...

Is it 1/4 t curry, rather than 14?

Abby and Stephanie said...

Is 4:50 AM too early to want one of these? After all they are on hungry jack biscuits! Don't ask why I'm up so early.

Carrie said...

Mmm...these look so good. Can't wait to try them. I tried the cake in a mug and it was a hit! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving with your family.

Nanette Merrill said...

We love crab cakes at my house. That fresh crab in the can at costco is so good! I'll bet they are wonderful.