Saturday, February 6, 2010

Texture Magic Totes Class In Wickenburg, Arizona

I've been having the most delightful time teaching the Texture Magic Totes class and doing Texture Magic Trunk shows.

My latest teaching experience was at M's Quilting Inspriations in Wickenburg, Arizona.
M's is owned by Marilyn Williams, and she has a wonderful quilt store that is buzzing with energy and people. I did a post about her store HERE.

The class was well attended and the students went right to work.

This is the first any of the ladies had worked with Texture Magic.
Experiencing the fun part!
Once the Texture Magic has been stitched to the back of a piece of fabric, you apply steam and watch it shrink up to 30% in every direction.
When the Texture Magic lies flat, you know the shrinking is complete, and it will not shrink any more.

One student used a meandering stitch to apply the Texture Magic to her fabric.

Others used decorative threads from Superior Threads for the stitching. Razzle Dazzle by Ricky Tims was used most often by this class.
The gold stands out so nicely against a dark background.

Some added pockets to their tote.

We were able to finish our totes in a 3 hour class.
Don't we love taking home a FINISHED project?

One student had stitched decorative threads to her fabric before she came to class.
Look how beautiful!

It's so fun to see how every one's fabric choices makes each bag unique and personal.


Kathy Janes
Razzle Dazzle is a heavier decorative thread that can be used in bobbin work. It works so well with Texture Magic because the stitching is often worked from the back.
Kathy sent me a picture of her completed bag. Notice the specialty beads she used on the ends of her ribbon ties.
I love hearing about the excitement people feel when they work with Texture Magic.
Carol, from Phoenix sent me this e-mail:
Hi Nedra, just wanted to send you a picture of my finished tote bag that I started at 35th Ave. Sew and Vac in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 2, 2010. I made the handles longer so my granddaughter could possibly wear it over her shoulder if she wanted to. Thanks for the class. I enjoyed it. It was fun. I have four more bags to make now. Probably more down the line!! Carol Frese

4 comments:

Material Mary said...

Cute cute bags. The class was a success and I would love being your student...
Mary

Unknown said...

Wow, you are becoming quite the texture magic celebrity!! Wonderful job with all the students! If you were teaching a class here, I would be the first to sign up!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Well it certainly looks like everyone had fun at your class. The bags are darling.

bendençeşitlemeler said...

congratulations