Sunday, June 14, 2009

Panquitch Quilt Walk 2009

Yesterday I went with the Dixie Divas to the Panquitch Quilt Walk.
Panquitch is a small little town near Bryce National Park, and for one week of the year they are inundated with quilters.

Quilt classes are held in the High School, along with trunk shows every day at noon, a Quilt Show and vendors. There are 4 days of activities through out the town, but we just went for one day. It's about a two hour drive from St. George.

This was my favorite quilt hanging at the Quilt Show.


I ran into my friend Patti Heaton who had one of her quilts on display.
She put cute buttons by several of the blocks.






This one was in a vendors booth, but I loved it because it was all Kaffes.
Jan and Margaret shopping the vendors.
Melissa found a few good things.
Claudia Crump has been the creator/chairperson over Quilt Walk since it began many years ago. She is one of the sweetest, most generous ladies I know. I don't see her all that often any more and when I do, it reminds me of how much I love to be around her. She is a bright, bright spirit.
During the trunk show there are a lot of door prizes being given away. Claudia threw some fat quarters out into the audience.
The guest lecturer/ trunk show for Saturday was Dana Brooks, owner of Lazy Daisy Cottage quilt shop in St. George, Utah.
Below are some of the quilts she has made.





Book of Mormon quilt that is now going on as a Block of the Month at Lazy Daisy Cottage.
This is an original designed by Dana.






9 comments:

dotti white said...

Wow--that trip itself was a special event to be followed by your wonderful dinner! I bought the "Home Sweet Home" pattern by
Dana Brooks. I have the fabric and everything ready to work on that this summer. That will be fun to do. She is a talented lady! Have a wonderful evening!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

You do the most interesting things!! Thanks for showing all these amazing quilts.xo

Sherri said...

I've thought about going up there...I'll have to put it on my calendar for next year!

Carol said...

Incredible Show and Tell...OMG...you all are so lucky to have such wonderful inspiration all around you!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing, what a show of quilts, loved them all.

Latane Barton said...

Wish I could have been there. Looked like a grand time and oh, what beautiful quilts.

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow....what a great day Nedra....thanks for sharing all the quilty goodness!!!

Gayle said...

Barry & I went to quilt walk the second year it was held and had so much fun. Besides all the quilty goodness, we enjoyed a historic home tour, a dinner theater (that explained the history of quilt walk) and a car show. Stayed in a dumpy little motel. And of course we did a little exploring on dirt roads too. I'm glad to know that it's still going on. Will have to get back there one of these years.

Nanette Merrill said...

I went last year to Panguich. I thought some of the quilts were fabulous and some kind of funny. Like someone took it off their bed that morning.