Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mixed Bag #2

I love the Mixed Bag pattern designed by Nanette of Freda's Hive. I made one a few months ago and have been anxious to make another.

For my birthday in April, Ricci gave me some vintage fabric squares she had purchased through Nanette. When I saw them I knew right away I wanted to put them together in another bag.

Since I'm obsessed with making covered buttons, I knew I had to make a special one for this project. Nanette is famous for her collection of Matryoshka Doll fabrics. I'm surprised she let this piece go. Look how cute the button turned out!

The front of the bag.

The back.


I added in a few pieces of fabric from my stash.
I have enough fabric left to make an identical bag.
These are so fun that I know I'll be making many more.

9 comments:

Lurline said...

Gorgeous bag, Nedra - love all the fabrics and it really is so beautifully made. Covered buttons - now that's a nice thing to make and collect - beats stamps anyday, doesn't it?
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

I also purchased that kit from Nanette and have it on my to-do list. I really need to make it soon. I keep seeing everyone else's pop up in various blogs and I love it. Not quite sure what I am waiting for, I love yours. The button just finishes it off nicely

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute and the button is perfect! I love the bag I won from Sherri.

dotti white said...

Nedra...that is a very sweet bag! One of my first summer projects (of 1,000) :) is to make some of those with matching glam bags for Christmas gifts. It's so hard to keep them, though, and not give them away right away! Have a great weekend!

Sherri said...

Oh, I love it! I think I need a red one now too! And the button is the absolute perfect button!

Wendy said...

It's Adorable!!!
I really like the vintage-looking fabrics mixed with the Japanese-looking fabrics.
And the rick-rack.
Oh! AND the button!
Love it! =-)

Kim Walus said...

I really love this bag that you made and Nanette designed. That little button is extra special too!

Karen said...

Button Fever is truly contageous...but I love it;) Your buttons are adorable;) What ya gonna do with all of them??? I think they would be cute in a big glass jar as design element. They're toooooooo pretty to hide them away somewhere;) Your bag is awesome, as are the fabrics...oh yeah, and the button;)

Nanette Merrill said...

So so so cute! I love it. Really it is the cutest bag yet. Love that. Thanks for liking the fabric. And the little button is so cute.