Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lilly Apron

I made an apron today for one of my daughters.

This is the picture on the front of the pattern. It's called "Lilly Apron" by Busy Bee Quilt Designs.

I used two different fabrics from the same line:
"Hot Blossom" by Josephine Kimberling.

Both are called Sunset

The pattern is easy to make with only a few pieces.
Pretty wild fabric, don't you think?
I probably shouldn't be showing this on my blog because it's a surprise.
I still haven't said which of my daughters will be receiving this gift.
All 3 love to cook.

One is moving into a new place and could use a house warming gift.
Another is pregnant and this apron would go well over a growing tummy.
Another is a student at the University and having a birthday soon.
Who do you think I should give this to?

14 comments:

Lori Holt said...

That fabric is the PERFECT choice for that Apron. My advice is to run out and get enough fabric for two more...what a cute photo that would be with all 3 of your girls in thier aprons:)...no pressure

Janet said...

I love it, this is one of the nicest aprons I've seen. The fabric choices you made are gorgeous. You'll just have to make another one.

Abby and Stephanie said...

An apron? CUTE...you could wear it in public except for the risque backlessness. Well I think all 3 daughters need one!

Unknown said...

I agree with Stephanie, it is too cute not to make one for all three daughters. Go for it, they will love it!

Kim Walus said...

What a fun apron and I love the fabric. I made this apron at Christmas time and it's such a fun and easy apron to make and wear. She will definitely enjoy it!

Joanna said...

I bought this exact pattern at the Utah Valley Quilt Guild show last Summer when I was visiting! Plus some Anna Maria Horner fabric to make it up in. Seeing yours just reminded me that I really need to make it! Your one looks divine!!! I agree with the others, you need to make 2 more so all your daughters can have one....well you did ask!! lol!!

Dawn said...

Me!! LOL...I agree you should make two more for the others!! Have a great sewing-day!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think all three daughters are going to have to have one - it is so cute! Love your fabric choice.

Nanette Merrill said...

I have this pattern too. I bought it to make an apron for my daughters. Haven't done it yet. Yours is darling. The fabric is perfect. I'd like to see her model it!

Sherri said...

I agree with the rest...you'll have to make more...but make 3 more...one for you too!!!

Micki said...

It is really a beautiful apron! Good job!
Micki

dotti white said...

I would say first of all, that it is darling! Next, I would say that since it is quick and easy, it would be great if you just made the other 2 one very soon and you won't have to choose!

Lori said...

I don't think I could choose just one...I would have to make three. I just finished making 5 for my daughter to give as prizes at her bunco group. Lots of fun.

amy smart said...

This is one of my favorite aprons! (We have a bunch to wear at work at American Quilting.) I need to make one of my own. I love your fabric choice. Can't wait to see who gets it! :)