Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Fun Potholder

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This weekend was the General Conference of our church. Instead of attending our local meetings, we listen to our leaders on TV. It gives us time to relax, be together as a family, and enjoy church in the comforts of our home.
I was able to get some handwork done as I listened to wonderful and inspiring talks the last two days.

I made this fun pot holder.

This book "Pretty Little Potholders" has so many fun projects. I want to make every single one of them.

Several years ago I taught a rug hooking class and this was our pattern. My friend Pam took my class and then tucked away the partially finished piece. I offered to complete the project for her, and today I finally did my part. I haven't worked on very many rugs the last few years, and today was a good reminder of how much I enjoy working with wool.

12 comments:

Jana said...

Very cute potholder! Conference was great, wasn't it?!

Material Mary said...

Oh Nedra, what fun you must have had making the pot holder. It is just adorable.

Mary

Trisha said...

Your potholder is adorable! I love to do hand work during conference too. I usually knit. It keeps me awake and helps me concentrate better than if I was just sitting and listening.

Unknown said...

What great way to spend time with the family. Plus you were able to make some wonderful pot holders as well. I have seen that book and really liked it too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Definitely a CUTE potholder!

Micki said...

The potholder is wonderful! They really do make great gifts too!
Micki

Elizabeth said...

I love conference weekend. I'll post my projects later. Your pot holder is so cute. I've been eying that book at the store. I love the rug too.

amy smart said...

I love Conference weekend too. Always sad when it's over. :( I love the projects you worked on. That pot-holder is adorable!

Sherri said...

Your potholder is so cute!!! I worked on my Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks all weekend!

Dawn said...

Conference was great!! Your potholder is so cute!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes....I have that book too and the one you made is one of my favorites!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Conference weekend is always a treat. I enjoyed hand work, too. I have that book as well. Everything is darling in it.