Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Texture Magic Trunk Show with Cedar Chest Guild

I had a lot of fun this evening presenting a trunk show with Texture Magic for the Cedar Chest Quilter's Guild. The guild was hosting their 4th annual retreat in Cedar City, Utah.

With around 80 in attendance, I was able to show the many ways Texture Magic can be used. I've been making a lot of products with TM and love sharing ideas with other quilters.

From quilts, purses, toys, home decor, clothing... the possibilities are endless.

I represented Superior Threads and featured many of the Texture Magic patterns designed by Annie Unrein.
One of the purses I showed tonight was "Serenity". Annie selected a leaf fabric, and layered batting and Texture Magic to get this great look on the front flap.


Serenity features many pockets. Annie's patterns are so well written and easy to follow.

I also love her "On The Town" design. Texture Magic is applied with decorative stitching and beautiful Superior Threads down the front of the purse.


I purchased these same handles at JoAnn's the other day listed on sale for $4.

This bag was a sample lent to me by Annie for the trunk show, and I can hardly wait to make one of my own.

She even included a covered button!
These patterns and many other Texture Magic patterns can be ordered on Superior Threads web site.

10 comments:

Rae Ann said...

We are all in love! Texture Magic is high in our book. We all want to get those patterns and start sewing on those adorable purses. We all are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Those are great bags from Annie. The Texture Magic really gives it a beautiful little boost. I bet you had fun with the trunk show.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love the bag. I have not heard of texture magic, guess I better do a search and see what it is!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Marylh said...

Nedra - What a big crowd! I like the way the pattern picture is laminated to a card attached to the sample. I will use that in my demos - Interest in TM is growing in Massachusetts! Mary

Material Mary said...

Fun show and share of texture magic. That Annie is quite the designer. Love her stuff.
Mary

Gayle said...

Wow Nedra - You had quite a crowd there! I'll bet they were all happy to have been in attendence to see your presentation!

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing my patterns and bags with the fun ladies in Cedar City -- and on your blog. That Texture Magic sure adds something special, doesn't it?

Annie

Kim Walus said...

I bet the ladies were in awe with what texture magic can do. What fun all of you had.

Dawn said...

Wow..what a fantastic turn-out! I bet they loved TM.

Leather Trunk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.