Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Serenity Bag

A few days ago I showed you the Serenity Bag made by Annie Unrein.

This is an Annie original that she let me borrow for a trunk show.
I loved the fabrics she used: Cara Collection Serenity Taupe prints by Daiwabo.

This bag is just the right length to toss over your shoulder.
I just finished my own Serenity Bag.

I loved the fabrics Annie used, but even after an online search, the taupe line is no longer available. I had this green in my stash, and I thought it would mix well with Texture Magic.

To make the front flap, layer Texture Magic, batting and the focus fabric, and then stitch the pieces together. I followed many of the curved lines.
Apply steam and watch the magic begin. Once the fabric has been shrunk, the flap section is then cut out.

Annie's patterns are easy to make, and she provides very detailed, easy to read instructions.

The bag has an outside pocket on the back.

Texture Magic and the Serenity pattern can be ordered through Superior Threads web site.

6 comments:

Material Mary said...

Nedra, I love this bag. What a great job you did with this and I love the texture magic on it and the ring in the handle.
Mary

Live Well With Judi said...

I love it!! You did a terrific job and I love the bag. The style and size is just right and I've got to make one for myself. Thanks for showing us more ideas. Hugs

Rae Ann said...

Nedra, you are surely an amazing gal. You get things done as fast as I can think of them! I love the bag and you have inspired me to get one done. Just can't wait to play a little with that amazing Texture Magic!!!

Annie said...

Hi, Nedra! Hey, great job on the Serenity bag. The fabric you had was perfect to showcase the texture on the flap. Thanks for sharing info about my patterns. Appreciate you!

Annie
www.byannie.com

Dawn said...

Your bag looks great!! I have another pomegrantate source if you are still interested. Let me know.

Nanette Merrill said...

it is so rich looking!