Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dixie Guild's Opportunity Quilt

Every two years the Dixie Quilt Guild in St. George, Utah puts on the most wonderful Quilt Show.
We are already working towards our next event on April 22-23, 2011.
(*mark your calendar now. It's a must do!)

The Theme is "Redrock Festival of Fabric Art".
Pat Peters has been in charge of collecting Southwest blocks for the challenge quilt.

Members were asked to donate a 12" (finished) block.

The top is now completed and ready to be sent off to the quilter.
(excuse the threads, those will be cleaned up)

Our guild has over 200 members, and so many of them have such amazing talent. Pat had more blocks donated than she could use. The extras will be placed into wall hangings that will be up for sale during the Show.

The guild will sell opportunity tickets through out the next year, with one lucky winner in April 2011.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful quilt! Love the southwest theme too!!

Carrie said...

I loved looking at each block in the quilt. I need to mark that day down for next year. I'd love to come down that way, see the show and enjoy the southern sunshine!!

Rae Ann said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful event! I may just have to hop in my car and take a drive down to see it all...and of course...say "Hi" to you. The quilts are great!

Vivian said...

Beautiful quilt. Wish I lived closer so I could attend the show in person.

dee said...

what a gorgeous quilt.I love the southwest images so much.
By the way, I made the Fiesta Salad-So delicious-every drop was gone. Wish I had made more.