Friday, January 22, 2010

Kona and Bella Color Cards

Have you seen these?
A few months ago I was at my friend Sherri's house (A Quilting Life)
and she had just received these color cards in the mail. I knew right then that the Kona Cotton and Bella Solids Color Cards were going on my Christmas wish list.

I know there are local quilt shops that carry the cards, but mine were ordered through Hancock's of Paducah.

Look at these wonderful colors! There is something about seeing them all next to each other that makes them even more beautiful.

So many of the new designs are using solids right now. I want to play with them all.

Kona Cotton Color Card by Robert Kaufman fabrics has 221 colors of 1" samples

Makes my heart sing just to look at them.

Solids are less expensive than the printed fabrics, usually running around $5 a yard here in the U.S.
I like looking at these cards so much they are going up on the wall in my sewing room.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I keep my Bella card open right near my machine...I can see the colors while I'm working (well, it's really playing)...and I love it! Now if I only had a bolt of each one!

Material Mary said...

I might just have to order these as well. Solids are wonderful for those 2 color quilts.

Linda said...

I order Kona by the bolt from Paducah. Black and Snow

Rachel said...

OH YES! I love my kona cotton. I did a cathedral window runner out of varying brights and I love it, (just have to finish it).
I'm a huge fan of solids.

kclily said...

Thanks for telling me about the color cards. I didn't realize you could buy them. I think I will have to get one.