Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quilting With Judi

It's been a fun few days having my friend Judi here. We finally put in a few hours of some serious sewing.

Judi has been my quilting buddy for many years now. We like a lot of the same things, and often make the same pattern.

She has been working on Italian Tiles from Kaffe Fassett's new book "Quilt Romance".

Look how fun the corner stones look once they were fussy cut.

And she has been working with Phillip Jacobs "Delphinium" fabric. The first time Judi saw this fabric she started dreaming about it, and knew she had to buy it. It's so her!


Judi belongs to a group at her local quilt shop in Lehi, Utah, where they are making Jan Patak's Girl Gang quilts.

I love the birds.


Yesterday we watched a wonderful Elizabeth Gaskell movie "Wives and Daughters". Gaskell was an English novelist during the Victorian era. If you are a fan of Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte BBC presentations, these are the movies for you.
Would you believe even Mr. Cactus liked "Wives and Daughters"? Now, that's a recommendation!

15 comments:

Cathy said...

I advise you watch "North and South" next; it is one of my all-time favorites. The title refers to the north and south of England in the mid-19th century (not US Civil War). Great love story!

Live Well With Judi said...

I can hardly wait until my copy of Elizabeth Caswell comes in the mail! I'm going to watch them again and again and think of all our fun time together. Thanks for all your hospitality as always!

Unknown said...

OOOOO... I love what Judi is working on, but you probably could have guessed that already.

Sherri said...

Judi's quilts are wonderful...that Kaffe book is on my "to buy" list as well! Glad you're having such a great time!

quiltmom anna said...

I have watched the one- Cranford Park and really enjoyed it. I am a big Jane Austen fan though not so much that I would make the Jane Austen quilt- it has too many small pieces for me.

Sounds like you and your friend are having a fabulous time.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Suzanne said...

Beautiful quilts! Love the colors. The movies sound wonderful too!

Janet said...

I wish I had a tv and dvd player in my sewing room, perfect movies for that. Wonderful quilts are being made here, lovely fabrics too.

Carol said...

Judi's quilts are just wonderful...glad you all had such a great time...but then I knew you would.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the fussy cut corner stones. How fun to have a day to sew with a friend. Quilt Romance is on my books to buy list.

dee said...

Oh I'm always surprised to find a fellow Gaskell devotee. I bogged about it the other day. The new season of Cranford started on PBS the other night. I was in heaven. Love this series so much.
I've been a lurker too often but I do visit every day to see what beautiful thing you are up to that day. Amazing work here. So inspiring.

Browndirtcottage said...

How fun Nedra...what a blessing you too have in each other!!!
I'm off to check out this series you mentioned...I LOVE these types of movies AND I CAN NOT believe I haven't heard or seen about these before!!
p.s. My 'Quilt Romance' arrived with all my new Kaffee...I have drooled over it about 8 times now!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh how fun. A good classic and sewing with Judi! Life is good.

busyascanbe said...

I love the quilt! It is darling!

Yuki said...

I saw Cranford last year on PBS and loved it. Didn't pay attention to who wrote it. I'm glad you posted about Elizabeth Gaskell. I just ordered 2 of her books. Thanks, Can't wait to read them.

ttfn :) YukiQuilts

patchwork said...

I really like the appliques done...and from the look of it does not seem too difficult either.