Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rae Ann's Retreat/ Part 2

Wonderful women + quilting + retreat + great conversation + good food = SO MUCH FUN!
I have been fortunate to join these lovely ladies the last few days. Because of other commitments, I've only been able to join them part time, but the time spent has been delightful.
Rae Ann has been the "gatherer" and the "initiator" to bring us all together for this retreat. Everyone (except me) came in from Northern Utah, hoping to escape the cold and snow. A week ago we had beautiful sunshine and warm temperatures. This week we have had torrential rain that has flooded our downtown area.

The weather has not discouraged us. We have spent a lot of time sewing. (And of course visited several quilt shops).
Kristy completed an entire quilt, from start to finish.
(Sorry, I didn't get a pattern name for this one)

Jackie made this for her daughter's room.
Corner Flower Shoppe by Quilt Soup


Now Jackie is on to the next project: Aprons

Judi

Judi continues to work on "Italian Tiles" with Kaffe Fassett fabrics out of his recent book Quilt Romance.


When I say that Judi makes "Pretty Food" that is not only healthy, but delicious, this is what I am talking about. Yesterday's breakfast/lunch consisted of brown rice with yogurt, strawberries, with a dark chocolate dipped strawberry on top. Double Yum!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You ladies are having way too much fun!! All of your work is lovely.

Suzanne said...

What a fun get-together. It sounds delightful!

Kim Walus said...

What a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing it helps me not feel so sad that I can't be there too.

Mrs. Jackie Sue said...

love the flowers in the pots, sent it to my sewing friends. I wan to make one! Plus Sew Mama Sew asked to post something we saw on a blog and i posted your link, because I just love the flowers! Makes us all ready for Spring!!!

*hugs*
Jackie (at) jackiesue.com

Caro said...

Yum! Beautiful quilts and great food too. What more could you want.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yum is right! Now I need to wipe off my keyboard. **giggle** ;-) Looks like y'all had a lot of fun and all the projects are wonderful! Thanks for the photo's! :-)

Material Mary said...

What a productive retreat and what fun. Hope you get to do it again sometime.
Mary

Sherri said...

Looks like so much fun! We sure enjoyed the rain here...didn't realize there was flooding where you are, though!

Rae Ann said...

It was a blast! I am going to go into withdrawals in a big way. Miss ya already!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw. Some of those are my friends too. I'm jealous but glad you could get together. Soon it will be our turn.