Monday, January 25, 2010

Star Crazy January Blocks Done

I have finished my Star Crazy January blocks.
I'm using Kona White as the background and pulling from my stash for the stars.
Better late than never! I realize it's still January, but I had big plans to have these done the first week of the month. Remember, I had all the half square triangles finished and then discovered my computer had downloaded the paper piecing sheets at too small of a scale.
I had to start all over.
I love the look of these colors with the star blocks.

I am also happy to have this much finished and am looking forward to next week when I can start on the February blocks.

You guys are doing great! Thank you so much for all of your contributions on Star Crazy Log.
Make sure to check our site meter. Since we started a few weeks ago, we have had over 1,000 visits (people looking at our blog), with 2,088 page reviews. As of this week we have an average of 67 people looking at our progress each day.

9 comments:

Patsy said...

Your blocks look so nice. I'm impressed that you can use your stash for this. I too loved this pattern from the moment I saw it. It is on my list ToDos.

Sequana said...

I'm using Kona Snow, so we're on the same page there. *S*

btw....I've been reading over on the TQS forum to check on their progress. Some of them had printer scaling problems too. And I discovered something.

One person had marked "fit to page" and not "none" for the scaling....because the little check square has so much margin around it, it is correct, but the rest of the page is scaled down just a fraction.

I think someone in here wondered how the inch size could be correct, but not the patterns. That's one way.

Material Mary said...

Great job Nedra. I am impressed as usual with your accomplishments.
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Nedra, Just saw them on the Star Crazy log. They look great! Mine will be up tomorrow. Hope you can convince your friend who was thinking of doing 30s after she see mine.

Lurline said...

Busy, busy and they are looking wonderful!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

I love the blocks, your colors are great. Will have to check out the site. Stars are my favorite.

Rae Ann said...

Nedra ~ your're blocks are gorgeous. I love the fabrics that you have chosen. I hope to have mine done by Thursday and posted by Friday. I am still trying to play catch up!

Cathie in UT said...

Better late than never right?
They look very cheerful for Jan sewing.
Hope you enjoyed your retreat...I am glad the sun came back on Sat and Sunday.

Nanette Merrill said...

The stars are lovely. It is fun to see stars like this popping out everywhere in different fabrics. I love the personality of your blocks.