Saturday, May 10, 2014

Quilt Labels

 There is something about 
sewing a label on a quilt
that brings a very nice feeling.
Kind of a
"ta dum" moment
that says
signed, sealed and ready to be delivered
Some people do not like 
this last part
of making a quilt.
But I do.
 There are a lot of different ways to make a label.
I often go simple
with a pre-printed square.
I then use a Ultra Fine Sharpie
with permanent ink
to write the needed information.
It's important to go over the top with
a hot iron, 
which helps heat set the writing.
 There are a lot of fun
pre-made quilt labels available.
I have found mine at quilt shops
printed on yardage
ready to be cut apart into individual pieces.
 I like that within a few minutes 
the label is done.
All ready for baby Oscar:)

3 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

You are right Nedra, I am hopeless at putting a label on at the end, so any great hints are always welcome. Yours is lovely! xo

Needled Mom said...

The new preprinted labels are such a great idea. Maybe I'll be better at "finishing" my quilts now!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I ordered some preprinted (on yardage) labels. I might actually start labeling my quilts now (after 30+ years, I really ought to!).