Thursday, January 10, 2013

Row 9 Twinkling Stars

 It's been 35 days 
since the last reveal
on Lori's
Row Along
(not that I have been counting
or anxious or anything)
 OK, maybe I have been counting...
and anxious.
But today, I was just happy
to start working on
Twinkling Winter Stars!
 16 little stars
are now shining brightly.
My backgrounds are scrappy,
using what I have in my stash piles.
I chose a yellow background,
to match our warm 
Arizona
winter skyline.
 I've laid all 9 rows out on the pool table
to see how well they play together.
I can see I need to make some adjustments 
on Row 8 mittens.
Lori mentioned there will 
probably be
6 more Rows
to be revealed,
adding 
"*give or take a few"
Oh that girlfriend is
such a tease!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Love your star row...cute as it can be.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

6 more rows? that will be a good size quilt - it is coming along nicely

9patchnurse said...

That's a great quilt and I love your choice to make the backgrounds scrappy. I didn't play along but wish I had. I have been following her reveals and every row is great.

•stephanie• said...

the stars look adorable.
what is it you don't like about the mittens?
i think they're fabulous.
they're just a lot bigger than some of the other rows.
i've gotta get my act together and get caught up!

Lori Holt said...

I love your scrappy backgrounds too Nedra!
Your twinkly stars make me sew happy...you are always super speedy:)

Nanette Merrill said...

Part of the fun of this quilt is doing it with my friends. It is a way to know we are working on the same projects even though we don't live close. I started my stars yesterday but I had to watch eliza last night so I didn't get much done. Mason took my book to read (Pres. Holland) so I guess he wants to read it first. We'll pass it around. I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet. My DVD is not working in my computer and I don't know how to work the one in the family room! I'll get to it. It is something to look forward to. Thanks always for your recommendations.

Janet said...

You have to be pleased with how it's looking and I love the yellow backgrounds.

Nat Palaskas said...

It's great to see this quilt again. I love the color and the design of it. Enjoy
Nat