Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another Butterfly Quilt

When I was visiting with Susann at her retreat, one of her cousins was working on a butterfly quilt.
I love this version too, especially how she used various chenille's and textured fabrics for the butterfly's bodies. (Which was her own inspriation).
With the added antenna's these actually look a little more like butterflies than the quilt that I just finished.

The pattern comes from a book by Indygo Junction called My Garden Best

Look at this cute ruffly body.
You don't need much for these little pieces. This would be fun quilt to do as a group and trade body fabrics.

Susann's cousin shared with me pictures she had taken of a few other My Garden Best quilts done in various fabrics.

I thought one butterfly quilt was going to be plenty for my collection.
Now that I've seen this, I may have to flutter around and start spying out fabrics for version 2.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful version too! How sweet!

Nat Palaskas said...

Love the soft color version too - Hugs Nat

Nicole said...

Beautiful! Such pretty colours

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, I just love the texture for the bodies, too! Beautiful.

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh I love this one too!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nedra...
That is so cute and I do love the chenille for the bodies. Very fun!
Yes, you just might have to make another butterfly quilt:)
xx lori

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sweet. I love the tactile butterfly bodies.

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow, how interesting.

Browndirtcottage said...

OOOHHHHH NO!!!! MORE cute butterfly block ideas!!! I'm in trouble now!!!!!