Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dixie Quilt Guild April Meeting

On Saturday before we started our Challenge activity, we had Show and Tell with the Dixie Quilt Guild.
Such talent in this group!

First, we were shown our completed Opportunity Quilt. The blocks for this quilt were donated by the members. Cory Allender did the beautiful machine quilting. The quilt will now go on display and we will sell raffle tickets for the drawing at our Quilt Show in 2011.

Draza and Carolee made matching quilts.


A Buggy Barn pattern.

Terryl made a Charity quilt that will be donated by the guild.






By Ginny Affleck

My friend Verny loves Halloween and made this Texture Magic quilt. The pattern Celebrate can be adapted to any holiday or theme, and can be ordered through Superior Threads.

Can you see the Texture Magic in the corner stones and background?

Pictorial quilts


Cathie Purdy attached the flowers to her quilt by using the long arm only.


Marilyn Badger showed us some samples from a class that will be taught here locally by her friend Claudia Clark Myers. Marilyn and Claudia are an award winning team.

Claudia left a comment and offered additional information about her class:
Both small quilts that Marilyn showed are examples of my 2-day class, "Quilt it and Color it"-- Participants make up a quilt design with my help, then machine quilt it, and the second day, they paint them.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That last sample is gorgeous! Is it pieced or embroidered? I can't tell what the technique is, but I'm definitely intrigued! I love it!

Colleen Lunt said...

You have an amazing quild. How many members do you have?

Rae Ann said...

Stunning quilts Nedra. This has made me want to spend my rest of the day quilting... which I am just going to do!

Claudia said...

Hi,
Actually, both small quilts that Marilyn showed are examples of my 2-day class, "Quilt it and Color it"-- Participants make up a quilt design with my help, then machine quilt it, and the second day, they paint them.

Great pictures! Always like to see what your guild is doing.
Claudia