Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Texture Magic Totes

I made this fun Texture Magic Tote today. So easy.

I will be teaching this as a class, and the store requested a sample. The class will be held in February, and they provided fabric that they felt would get us in the mood for spring.
Both are Holly Holderman fabrics from LakeHouse: The Circle line is on the bottom, and Butterfly Breeze is on the top. The lining inside is Hydrangea Blossom.

The pattern is Texture Magic Totes by Annie Unrein. One of the things I love about Annie's patterns is she provides pictures with each set of instructions. For those of us who are visual learners, the pictures often make more sense than words when following a pattern.

This is a tote that can easily be made in 3 hours. It's great to teach for a class because it's good for beginners, and the students can go home with a completed project.

Plus it's a great way to show how to use Texture Magic. For the stitching I used Superior Threads MasterPiece, and followed the lines of the stripes.


The drawstring is grosgrain ribbon, with wooden balls that can be found at most home decor stores. I found my supplies at JoAnns.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute tote! I really like the texture on the bottom on this one!

Shari said...

I just love these Lakehouse fabrics... and that texture magic certainly creates interest - a perfect project for a workshop...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Hugs - Shari

Carol said...

Very, very cute! Wish I were closer...I'd come for class.

Material Mary said...

Cute bag Nedra. You did a beautiful job!
Mary

Annie said...

Nedra:

Great job on the Texture Magic Tote. It looks very springy and feminine. Love the stripes on the bottom and handles.

Thanks for helping me with the rug stuff yesterday. Can't wait to get started!

Annie

Dawn said...

Cute tote! I love the fabrics you picked. What store are you teaching at?

Marylh said...

Nedra - this will be my first TM class at a LQS as well. Love the fabric and the straight stitching down the stripes will make the texturizing go faster. Mary

Sherri said...

Love this!!!

Jana said...

So cute! Love the textured stripes!

And with how cold I have been lately, I would love to take your class so I am ready for Spring!

Unknown said...

Very nice bags! Love the texture magic bottom.

Grandma Barbie said...

I love the texture magic effect. I would like to take this class. When, where?
Thanks, Barbara