Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh, Nanette!

Look what came in the mail. Oh, Nanette! I don't even know what to say. You have touched my heart in so many ways. Words cannot express how much your gift means to me.

THE Nanette, yes the FAMOUS Nanette of Freda's Hive has honored me with such a cherished Christmas gift.
This is a very busy woman. She is married, a mother of 8 children, works a job outside of all the work she does at home, is a quilt designer and publisher, has a HUGE following on her blog, runs an etsy shop, teaches quilt classes, and is a wonderful friend to so many.
How she had time during this crazy, busy time of year to send her handmade delights on to me is...well... something else! I am so honored. I'm really at a loss for words, and that doesn't happen to me very often!

Inside my package was a handmade pincushion ring. I remember seeing them on Nanette's blog when she was making them, and thinking how cute they are!

And there is a bundle of vintage fabrics that Nanette collects. Wow! Now I just need to decide which of Nanette's patterns I want to use these for.

And this Christmas star ornament that she made from a vintage tablecloth.
So original! This is going on my tree right away, and every year when I look at it, I will think of you Nanette.

I remember Nanette mentioning that her husband Dave helped her with the grommets. Good job Dave!
Again, thank you so much. I feel blessed to call you my friend. You have definitely made my Christmas very Merry and Bright.

6 comments:

Material Mary said...

What a cute and fun idea the ornament is. I love it.
Mary

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Such beautiful gifts Nedra, Nanette is a wonderful person and so inspiring (like you!!). Have a fabulous Christmas xo

Unknown said...

Nanette is truly a gem! I received a similar package from her today. She is a wonderful person and yes, extremely busy. Quite thoughtful with all that is happening at this time of the year. It is wonderful to have friends like her. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Nedra!

Janet said...

Christmas has come early with that lovely gift. Nanette's fabrics are so great. Have a great Christmas.

Marie said...

What a wonderful friend! Love the ornament and gift. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family. Hugs, Marie

Dawn said...

Nanette is a sweetheart...she is so easy to love!! Merry Christmas Nedra..much love to you and your family.