Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ann's Quilts

I was over at my friend Ann Bryan's house today talking quilts. We are in the same little quilt group that meets at our church, plus we just love to get together no matter the reason. As I was at Ann's house I asked her if I could take pictures of some of her quilts.
Ann's husband Roger is her biggest supporter. When we meet at a quilt group, Roger is usually there at the beginning and at the end. He carries in Ann's sewing supplies, helps us set up tables, and then comes back and takes everything down when we are done.
He is Ann's advisor when she is trying to decide what colors to put together when she is placing her blocks on a design wall. I think we ought to make Roger an honorary member of our group, don't you?
They just celebrated 50 years of marriage recently. What an accomplishment.
Ann loves scrap quilts.
Enjoy the Show and Tell.



This is one of the first quilts Ann made. She shared fabric strips with girlfriends and they made their quilts together.



This was hand quilted by Ann's aunt.
Their Master Bedroom quilt.
I love the neutral combinations.

Cory Allender, a local long arm quilter, did the quilting.

Ann had a very old quilt that was given to her by a relative.
She thinks this one was made in the 1930's-1940's with feed sacks.


Ann was given these pots that look like thimbles. Instead of turning them over and putting plants inside, she leaves them stacked together. I think they look more like a thimble that way, too.


I appreciate Ann's friendship so much. She is really someone I can talk to. Along with her husband Roger, she is constantly serving, donating her time and taking care of others.
I want to be more like her when I grow up.
Besides that, as the sign in her sewing room says: She is still a HOT BABE.

17 comments:

Trisha said...

Love those scrap quilts!

Sherri said...

Ann's quilts are beautiful!

Suzanne said...

The first quilt is my very favorite, but they are all fabulous. Her husband should definitely be made an honorary member -- maybe even crown him the president for a year. ;o)

To say that I relate to the little plaque would be an understatement. Ahem.

Sara said...

I love Ann's gorgeous quilts. What an inspirational friend to have!

Rae Ann said...

Love all of Ann's quilts. They are just beatiful! She would be a wonderful person to be like!

Marlene said...

What a wonderful quilt show of Ann's quilts. love them all but the neutral one on the bed is my favourite. definitely make her husband an honorary member!
A friendship such as you have with each other is something to treasure

Janet said...

How wonderful to see thes beautiful quilts, Just gorgeous and so are the couple.

Abby and Stephanie said...

That neutral quilt is gorgeous! Yippee for supportive hubbies.

Anonymous said...

She sure has some gorgeous quilts! I'm so glad you shared.

Material Mary said...

I share a love with Ann--I love scrap quilts. They are by far my favorite.
Mary

Cathie in UT said...

Let Ann know that I too love her scrappy quilts.
It is amazing that ladies can take all the different fabrics combine them all together and come up with such beautiful results

Jana said...

Oh those are gorgeous! And how wonderful to have such a supportive hubby!

Carole said...

Ann and Roger are very special people!
Thanks for all the photos of her beautiful quilts--hope to get back to Utah again soon to visit and get to meet you!
Carole in Iowa

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What a wonderful friend, and gorgeous quilts. I love that sign!!! xo

Oddbjørg said...

Please tell your friend Ann that her quilts are so beautiful!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow what fantastic scrap quilts! I love the neutral quilt too. Lucky you to have such an inspiring friend! :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Ann and Roger are quite the couple. I love hearing good stories like this about people who still take care of each other and serve each other after years of marriage. Isn't that the key. Roger sounds like a true keeper. And yes. I think having the "thimbles" like that makes them more fun. What a treat to see her quilts. She's a gal after my own heart - love the scrappy happy quilts.