Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunny Day in St. George

Our temperatures have been in the 70's today. Sunny and warm and so inviting to go outside.
Mr. Cactus and Dano spent the morning golfing. While they were gone, Amy and I took the boys to the park.


One of my favorite sounds is children's laughter as they run from place to place at the park.
Today brought back so many memories of all the times I took Amy and her brothers and sisters to the park as they were growing up.

It's rewarding to see her do the same for her own children.

Noah, as a new walker, just can't seem to stay put. He toddles off in every direction possible.
We also found it challenging trying to keep all the pieces of bark out of his mouth.

The slides were his favorite activity.

Later in the day we went as a family to a new pizza restaurant here in town called "Pirate Island".
Isaak/aka Captain Hook Thumb
Paul loves being an uncle.
What can I say? "When in Rome do as the Romans do".
Pirate Island has an arcade room with a lot of fun activities for young and old.

Video race car driving.
If you ever make a trip to St. George and are looking for a fun place to take children, I would recommend Pirate Island. The food was good, reasonably priced and the kids had a blast.

4 comments:

Micki said...

It looked like you had a wonderful day! Very cute pics indeed, esp. the pirate hats.
Micki

Nanette Merrill said...

This made me smile Nedra. How fun. I found out this past weekend I'm going to be a grandmother for the first time! And my daughter Natalie got engaged. I've lost my voice or I would be shouting for joy!

Live Well With Judi said...

Tell "Mr. Cactus" he made me laugh when I saw him in the photo labeled "the kids had fun". He's staring intently at the screen of the game that he and Isaac are playing. It truly does look like "the kids" had fun!

Aubrey said...

The picture of Paul and Isaak is my favorite. They both look so cute! Pirates are always a fun thing. I hear a joke the other day.

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Interrupting Pirate
Interrupting pir..
ARRRRRR