Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Split Star

Split Star, block #3 in the Blogger's Block of the Month is now available.
I was so excited to see that the very talented Stephanie Dunphy (Loft Creations) was the designer this month!
I love everything Stephanie makes, and have followed every post for years.
She has the cutest dog Abby, who's personality captures the heart. Abby is the perfect model, helping us see the latest Loft Creation.
You can also run over to Stephanie's blog to see her well done tutorial for Block #3.

I like the positive/negative effect of the star.

And of course, it's always so fun to pull out the Kaffe's and play away.

Block #3 lines up well with September and October.

This process is somewhat like making a mystery quilt, as each month a new designer and block are introduced.
I'm curious to see how all 12 blocks will be placed in a setting.
My thanks to Jackie (Canton Village Works) for bringing us all together.

8 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Lovely block! Stephanie is such a talent.

Abby and Stephanie said...

You're sweet. LOVE your block. You're going to have a fantastic quilt when we assemble them into a quilt.

Cardygirl said...

Great block!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I love this split star block from the gorgeous Stephanie (I'm sure Abby helped too!). You blocks are looking fabulous Nedra. xo

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic!! You are going to have one fantastic Kaffe quilt!

Needled Mom said...

It looks awesome. I can't wait to get mine started.

Nat Palaskas said...

Very cute. I can see a lot of potential for this block - Hugs Nat

Lois Evensen said...

Very pretty! I love watching what you are making.