Monday, November 14, 2011

Seams Sew Right

Within minutes after setting up my machine at Quilt Camp, a group of ladies asked me if I like to join them for a trip to downtown Prescott to visit one of the local quilt shops.
How could I pass up an offer like that?
If there is one thing quilters like as much as sewing, it's shopping for fabric.

Seams Sew Right Quilt Studio is a wonderful store located right in the heart of old downtown Prescott, Arizona.

The shop is located at 220 West Goodwin St, in the quaint old Firehouse Station building originally constructed in 1956.
The minute we entered, the staff was warm and welcoming.
Upon learning that we were part of a quilt group visiting from out of town, they offered us discounts, door prizes and refreshments.
A great shop, stocked full of new fabric lines and ideas.

Quilt samples and patterns lined the walls.




I was especially happy to see an entire section devoted to Kaffes.
Our group pulled a lot from the lines just out.

One of the fun things about checking out quilt shops is to see what new products they highlight.
Seams Sew Right features a lot of cute bags.


The Maggie Bag by Nellie's Needles
If you have a chance to visit or drive through Prescott, it's definitely worth a stop at Seams Sew Right. In fact several in our group ventured down the mountain multiple times to make additional purchases.
We just want to do our part to support the local economy, especially quilt stores.
(at least that was the rational I heard as women returned with stacks of bags!)

6 comments:

Gina E. said...

It would feel like you had died and gone to Heaven in that fantastic shop! I gulped when I read your description of "the quaint old Firehouse station constructed in 1956"...old??? I was 8 years old in 1956, I don't think that building is very old at all - ha ha!

Carol said...

Very, very fun!Looks like a great shop!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a neat shop - glad you had a chance to do this and get to know the ladies in your group better also.
Karen

Jana said...

LOL! I love how you dropped everything to go visit a new quilt shop. You can never have enough fabric, can you!?! (At least that is my motto) How fun to have found new quilt friends in your new home town!

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for sharing your shopping trip. Love all the eye candy.

Debbie said...

I've been there! Its a great shop! I was amazed that there are three other shops in Prescott, all completely different, and I spent money in (gulp) all of them lol!