Monday, November 7, 2011

Baltimore Halloween Quilt

One of the things I miss the most about living in St. George are the times I met twice a month with my quilt group The Dixie Diva's.
Our group of 9 became the best of friends. Each women shared their creative talent, plus we laughed to the point where the makeup was completely gone.
Great therapy.
I know they are making the most wonderful quilts, and I'm not there to oooh and ahhh and take pictures.
One Diva, Pat Peters is very prolific in her hand appliqued quilts, and has won numerous awards. In kindness, she sent me a picture of her recently finished Baltimore Halloween, pattern by Pearl P. Pereira of P3 Designs.
Look at the amazing detail and hand quilting.
I stand in awe of Pat's work.

58" X 58"
Pearl shares these thoughts about the Halloween Baltimore on her web site:
"I started out designing a traditional Baltimore style quilt, and then things got a little spooky, as ghost, owls, bats, pumpkins, candy and witches filled my drawing board. The 20" x 20" center medallion block is surrounded by twelve 10" x 10" blocks and finished with a scalloped bat border just for fun.
Full pattern set includes 13 individual pattern leaflets and full-size 20" x 20" pattern for the center medallion block."
You can read more about P3 Designs HERE.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been tempted over the years to get this pattern but never have. I do like it though - such nice work!
Have you found a group in Arizona to join?
Karen

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Material Mary said...

I absolutely love this Halloween quilt. It is the best!!
Mary