Thursday, November 3, 2011

From My Heart To Yours

I realize it's Fall, and most people are pulling out fabrics using golds, orange or green.
But, I've decided to be daring and once more peek inside my UFO Bucket, coming out with a project just waiting to be finished.
(after all, Valentines Day is just 103 days away!)

From My Heart To Yours, pattern by Annie Unrein, was designed by Heather Purcell of Superior Threads.

The inner heart sections were stitched together using Texture Magic.

I used the heart shape stitch on my Bernina to add a little extra love.

A nice blend of machine and hand embroidery completes this small 14" X 16" wall hanging.

Since Christmas fabrics began arriving in the stores in July, I'm sure the Valentine fabrics must be making their appearance any day now.
Sigh.
Lo00nnng sigh.
And consistent with my other "finish up the UFO projects" goal, I'm either very late for last years Valentine Day, or very early for 2012.

10 comments:

Jana said...

So cute! And I love that you used a decor stitch from your machine! I feel like you....are we early or late and for which holidays?! I'm just finishing up a fall quilt....with the snow on the ground....am I early for next year or late for 2011?!

fiberchick said...

You are so disciplined! Love the Texture Magic and embroidery...

em's scrapbag said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! I just love it! Congrats on a completed UFO.

Needled Mom said...

I love the use of the Texture Magic. Great project and I'll consider it early for 2012!

Kris said...

Oh, Nedra - This absolutely darling!! One of these days, I am going to run over and get some Textured Magic!! Kris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes I imagine Valentine fabric will not be far from now. The stores do rush the season - but of course that is because we all want it! Your project looks great, looking forward to seeing it finished.
Karen

Cindy said...

beautiful project Nedra! I just think you are right on top of things. Now you can move on to Easter.

Lynette said...

Oh! Texture Magic looks very interesting! I'll have to check that out. Love the extra fancy stitching :)

Material Mary said...

Nedra, I just love this wall hanging. Way to finish up another UFO...Enjoy
Mary

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! That quilt is so cute! I love it! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!