Saturday, November 19, 2011

Iris Fields

I traveled to Quilt Camp in Prescott with Cynthia Huettner.
You can learn a lot about a person during a 2 hour drive.
I learned that Cynthia is a math and art teacher at a college prep school, and that she likes to create most of her own quilts.

Iris Fields is Cynthia's latest creation.
Believe me, these pictures do not do justice to this amazing quilt.

Using a wide variety of theads, Cynthia intricately quilted every section on her domestic machine.

Iris Fields will be entered into the AQG Quilt Show in March at the Mesa Convention Center.
I predict Cynthia will go home with a ribbon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievably talented!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh! Just beautiful! I think you are right.....it's ribbon worthy!

Needled Mom said...

WOW!

Material Mary said...

what a beautiful piece of art. I predict she will win something as well.
Mary

em's scrapbag said...

I believe you are right on the ribbon. This quilt is amazing!

Janet said...

What a gorgeous quilt and a big talent Cynthia has.

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an amazing quilt!

Yes, I think you are right, she should come home with a ribbon!!