Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baltimore Christmas Quilt

Being a kind person, and not wanting me to feel too left out of the Dixie Diva's, my friend Pat Peter's sent me another picture of one of her more recently finished quilts.
Have I mentioned how prolific a quilter Pat is?
The intricacies of her work, all hand appliqued and hand quilted continue to amaze.
Baltimore Christmas by Pearl P. Pereira of P3 Designs is another show stopper.

70" X 70"
Pearl shares her feelings about Baltimore Christmas on her web site:
"Baltimore Album quilts were made in Baltimore between 1846 and 1852. Those beautiful quilts inspire me to create my Baltimore style quilt. When I think of Christmas I think of the Thomas Nast drawing of Santa. He "invented" the image popularly recognized as Santa Claus today. His Santa Claus was published for the 1862 Christmas season Harper's Weekly cover. It was both of these elements that inspired me to make my Baltimore Christmas quilt. The 24" center medallion Santa block is surrounded by twelve 12" album style blocks with holly and berry swag applique border."

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous! I love the holly swags!

Truffle queen said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Does Pat sleep? She does absolutely beautiful work! What heirlooms! Thanks for sharing!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that one of Pearl's patterns also. I had thought of getting it and doing it by hand. But it would certainly be on my one day list - I just have too many going right now to think of it!
Karen

Needled Mom said...

That is STUNNING!!!!!!

Kris said...

Both the Christmas and the Halloween Baltimore Album quilts are amazing!!!! I cannot imagine ever having that much time in my life to work on on of these quilts and actually finish it!! Thanks for sharing these beauties, Nedra!! Kris

Material Mary said...

Yet another stunner. Thanks for sharing these terrific quilts.
Mary

life in red shoes said...

Holly roller, that woman is an artist! A very patient artist :)

Janet said...

Amazingly beautiful quilt, thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

Just beautiful...mazing work!

Maria said...

Wonder-wonderfull quilts!