Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bag Ladies

Quilt Camp wasn't just about quilts.
The ladies were making so many bags that my camera could not keep up.
Here is a sampling of just a few:

Patty was quite creative as she fussy cut a panel for the outer pocket of her bag.

Just puts you in the Christmas mood, doesn't it?

Nice interior with plenty of pockets


Recycled jewelry used for the zipper pull.
Nice job, Patty.

Lynette might have to take the title of Queen in the Bag Ladies division.
She made one bag after another.

I especially liked this ergonomic bag made with batiks.
Pattern: Butterick B5054

Front straps are adjustable.

So many other bags being displayed around the room,

with beautiful fabric combinations.

I sat next to Pam who made over a dozen of these zippered bags out of fabric scraps.
She free motioned quilted the fabric onto batting before cutting out the front and back section.

I kid you not.
The name of this pattern?
Big Bottom Bonnie Bag
Maybe I should be grateful they haven't named a bag after me as of yet:)

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love how the bicycle is highlighted on this bag.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh my what fun! Bags! I just love every one of them! Nice job ladies!

MGM

Needled Mom said...

Cute bags!

life in red shoes said...

Oh my goodness! That 1st bag, where can I get that panel?

Material Mary said...

I took a minute to catch up on your blog. Some real fun things happening at the quilt retreat and the quilt store. Fun fun fun!!
Mary

antique quilter said...

oh I just love these bags, what a fun show and tell
ok that panel with the bike on it
I would LOVE to have to make a medallion quilt where oh where can I find that? It reminds me of my childhood...way too cute
thanks
kathie

trudys_person said...

I love that Christmas bicycle! Does anybody know what that fabric is? Line, manufacturer? I would love to know ... Thanks!

dawnabbott said...

great varieties of fashionable bags..
Buy Branded Bags