Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Quilt In A Day Patterns

When Pat Knoechel shared her trunk show with the Nimble Thimbes Quilt Guild, she brought a lot of new quilts being released from Quilt In A Day.
Several could be adapted to be scrappy, which caught my interest.

Keily's Kites named after a new granddaughter for Eleanor.

Sassy Stars

I believe this pattern is included in the new edition of the Radiant Star book.

I loved the black stripe and scalloped edge for the binding.

One of the things I especially appreciated about Pat's trunk show were the demonstrations on how to use many of the Quilt In A Day templates.
The scalloped and wavy edges can be made using Scallops, Vines and Waves.
This really is a great template. All the math is done for you.

Mini Dresden Plate
Dresden's have been very popular lately.

I bought the pattern, which includes a free acrylic template for the mini dresdens.



Pat also showed us how to assembly line stitch the little pieces for the dresdens...

...which she also substitutes as a boa via Eleanor Burns humerous style.

Opposites Attract

See the postive and negative blocks?
I took a lot of pictures during this trunk show. More coming later.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great quilts - I have not seen that scallop edge ruler I will have to look for it - I like it.
Karen

Truffle queen said...

I may have to look at Eleanor's new book! Love that Lone Star quilt! Have fun at the "retreat"!

Cindy said...

Beautiful quilts. I made a 'Quilt in a Day', it took me a year. But it turned out darling. I have several of Elenor's patterns. So fun.