Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My New Juki 2010Q

 I am happy, happy, happy!
Recently I purchased a
Juki 2010Q
my Dream Machine
 This is exactly the machine I have been looking for,
with features that are perfect for the type of
quilting I like to do.
 I wanted just a basic 
heavy duty machine
that sews a straight stitch
at an affordable cost.
(Under $1,000)
I really didn't want to pay extra for all of the
fancy stitches that I never use.
 The Juki 2010Q is not computerized.
I'm fine with that.
Computerized machines can be so temperamental.
I'm more than happy to manually turn a nob 
every once in a while.
 The Juki 2010Q comes with 
many great features
that are all inclusive :
An attached thread stand for cones. 
(yes!  I don't have to drag a thread cone around any more!)
1/4 inch quilting foot
Hemming foot, zipper foot, 1/5 inch foot
Walking foot
Knee lifter level
and attachable table
to name a few.
I didn't want to have to pay extra
for the features I wanted to use.
And I love the large throat plate
which allows enough room to free motion quilt.
(I guess I need to learn how to do that now :)
 My most very favorite feature of all:
the thread cutter!
How have I lived all of these years with out a thread cutter?
And the stitch?
It's like sewing through butter. 
I'm so in love with this machine!
I know we are not supposed to
 worship "things"
but I'm getting pretty close to 
adoration
 **
Thank you to my sweet children
and husband for 
giving me this machine 
as a Mother's Day gift.

10 comments:

Caro said...

Yeah for you! I purchased the same machine about a year ago and I love it. In fact, I love it more than my Bernina 440. I just finished piecing a large pineapple quilt in record time and the thread cutter was such a time saver. I know you'll love it.

Debbie said...

I would really appreciate it if you would let me know how you feel after you use it awhile. I have had mine for a year and ahalf, and it is def. a love/hate relationship. I cannot figure out the threader, which is unfortunate, as it comes unthreaded all the time. Tension is dicey on mine, too. When I first got it, the relationship was completely LOVE. Then after six months the thread cutter broke, and the machine was never the same. I think it is only my machine, no one elses, and yours will be wonderful. But if you have any pointers, I will sit up and listen!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love mine - it is the same as the one you have - I have never been able to figure out the threader but that is the only problem. I do not do free motion but it handles straight line quilt perfectly - I have not used my other machines at all since I got this one, and I have had no problem with it either like I always did with the other two

Carol is Sewbizzy said...

I am anxious to hear how you like your machine, too...I definitely would like a machine with larger throat area and all the extras that you mentioned...it might be my next machine...

KaHolly said...

It's a beaut!! I just got a Janome Horizon. I know it has a lot of bells and whistles, which isn't like me at all, but the price was right. Have fun on your new machine!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Absolutely fantastic! Enjoy your new machine, can't wait to see what you whip up on this little beauty! xo

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a great machine. Enjoy it.

fiberchick said...

Congrats Nedra! Can't wait to see what you make with your new love. I think you can be forgiven for adoring this machine. It is pretty great!

Sue said...

I bought my 2010Q in January 2014, and I really love it. I hope you will get as much enjoyment from yours as I get from mine!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you lucky girl you! I have a Juki and it is the best machine I ever had. No more leaders and enders! Enjoy!!