Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cog + Wheel Quilt Finish

Several years ago I bought the pattern 
and fabrics
for Cog + Wheel Quilt
Then it sat in a box
even though it
called to me ever so much.
"Come and play with me!" it purred while hidden away.
 Finally, the best time arrived
to pull out the
wonderful Amy Butler fat quarters
and other matchy friends.
 12 inch blocks
The inner circles were a small challenge
while the outer circles sewed up easily.
Once I got started I couldn't stop.
 Cog + Wheel has the option of being made
in 4 different sizes.
I opted for Twin Size
created with 12 blocks
Pattern by Denyse Schmidt
can be purchased on her web site
 Denise wrote of this pattern:
"Inspired from a quilt pattern from 1902, 
Cog + Wheel hurls us back to the
industrial age with a playful bold graphic
that rolls right on every size."
 This will be a gift for a son who is engaged to be married this summer.
He and his fiance's decorating tastes are 
Mid Century Modern
Hopefully, this quilt will be a match.
Now to get a back made 
and then off to Pat (Pat's Just Quilting)
where she will work her
longarm quilting magic
and make
Cog + Wheel 
even better.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilt - I bet the son loves it! I remember seeing this pattern around a couple years ago but forgotten about it.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh how fun to take a UFO and turn it into something beautiful and even better to know it is going to a special home. I love the touches of the solid fabrics really adds to the pattern.

Needled Mom said...

That looks beautiful.

Shimin said...

Heello mate nice post