Friday, June 21, 2013

Blue Yonder Quilt

 I went with some friends
to see the
"Prescott Loves Quilting" show
presented by the
Thumb Butte Quilters Guild
A lovely day,
where we were happy to get out of the heat
and enjoyed viewing over 300 quilts.
 Blue Yonder
Made and Quilted by
Kathy Beeson
 Kathy wrote that she started this quilt in 2004
"It was such a huge project that it sat
for a few years until I finally got inspired by
a beautiful New York Beauty quilt that I saw
and I realized I had already started one 
and just had to finish it."
 If I were to take a poll of quilters,
I wonder what percentage of us could make a 
very similar statement?
(I'm afraid my name would have to go to the top of the list :)
Soothing color combinations.
I'm glad Kathy worked hard and 
had a finish on this beautiful quilt!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful quilt - thanks for sharing. Plus it is nice to know that other quilters also set projects aside for years before finishing. I am guilty of doing that too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty - pretty!

Lois Evensen said...

Pretty colors and pattern. :)

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow, this one REALLY caught my eye!! You are right, the colors are soothing!

This has been a treat for my eyes!!

trish said...

What an amazing time! :0)

dream quilt create said...

What an incredible quilt!