Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kim's Halloween Wall Hanging

With Halloween around the corner, Kim (of Nimble Thimbles) finished her wall hanging that she shared during Show and Tell.

A fun design using iron-on applique.

I wish I had gotten the name of the pattern from Kim.
Edit note: (Thanks to Karen) Pattern name Sweet Addictions by Letitia Hutchings for Mount ReDoubt Designs
The design has a lot of creative details, especially around the face.
Every witch should be able to sit on a pumpkin and eat a caramel apple.

Especially when she wears such cute shoes and socks.


What kind of backing do you use to hang your small wall hangings?
I've noticed a lot of people here in Arizona use an additional diagonal piece of fabric in the top two corners, where a dowel can easily stretch across.
Good idea!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have that pattern someplace unless I gave it away. I think it is called "Fiona the Witch". I made it for my daughter to hang up for the kids at Halloween a couple years ago. I have seen some that make the corners on the back for wall hangings and when it comes time to do it I forget about it! until afterwards.
Karen

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very cute. I make a sleeve for hanging. I have received some handmade goodies from European ladies and they do the corner triangle thing.

Lynette said...

very fun :) I love Halloween

Needled Mom said...

That is adorable. I love it.

I use the triangle corners too. They are easy to insert when doing the binding and I use a spring loaded curtain rod between. You can get a nice taut stretch on the quilt.

Material Mary said...

Liking the dowel with the diagonal corner thing. Cute Halloween wall hanging.
Mary

Janet said...

How adorable! What a fun quilt. I love the purple socks. I saw that corner hanging trick with piece o cake, it seems like a really simple solution.