Thursday, May 19, 2011

Union Jack

In following quilt trends, Union Jack quilts have become the latest attraction.
Maybe it has something to do with the recent Royal Wedding, or maybe it has everything to do with our fascination with England.


There are a lot of wonderful patterns on the market, but one that really caught my eye is DOUBLE FAT JACK by Lily Quilts.
Lynne lives in England, so it's natural she would like to represent her country in the quilts that she designs. But, what really drew me in was her use of bright fun fabrics, rather than the traditional blues and reds.
And I love the big size of her block, completing at 22" X 29".
Lynne offers a well written FREE TUTORIAL to make DOUBLE FAT JACK.
Requiring only two fat quarters and a few strips of a solid, this block has gone to the top of my To-Do List.

5 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Ok so firstly I fell off my chair because you visited me today (as opposed to Cathy yesterday) and now I pop her just to check it's the same Nedra and see my garden on your blog - how cool is that?! Thank you so much for the mention - aren't those fabrics the craziest?! I must quilt that mini and hang it up in the kitchen - it's so bright and sunny, even when England isn't always :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, that is on my list of things make per the request of my daughter. She wants one so bad but in the traditional red, white, and blue. Love those wild fabrics!

Material Mary said...

I found this block after making my mom a union jack pillow. Love it.
Mary

Nanette Merrill said...

Love love love it! Incredible burst of color.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great union jack. I've been seeing these pop up here and there. Love the big size.