Monday, March 7, 2011

Row By Row

I'm always looking for quilt ideas that help me use up leftover scraps.
I really liked the geometric designs of Row By Row designed by Sandy Klop of American Jane Patterns.

I'm happy to report that all the fabrics, including the back came from my stash.
This is also a good design for a little boys room.

Finished size 66 1/2" square
I made this quilt for my grandson who's room is decorated in blue, orange and white.

The piecing was a little labor intensive, but I still enjoyed the process.
You need a large area to lay the individual quilt sections out before sewing.
I kept wishing there was a way to chain piece, but with Sandy Klop's experience, I'm sure she thought of that too.
I am going to brave it, and quilt this one myself. I figure with straight lines it shouldn't be too difficult.

The pattern can be found in the Feb 2011 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting.

13 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

That quilt's on my list too. Yours is fabulous! I'm sure your grandson will treasure it always! Just looks like a great snuggle quilt and those are my favorites!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nedra...
I love it!
I bought that magazine too...I think the pattern looks fun and is a good way to show off a line of fabric.
Did you know that I'm taking a class from Sandy at the end of the month?
I'm really excited about it...I love her patterns and fabric:)
xx
Lori

Gayle said...

Yay Nedra! Your quilt is wonderful! It looks like just the right size for a little boy to snuggle under! The colors are great, and I especially love the striped inner border. Did you see that I made another smaller version of it too? So much fun. What's next on your list?

dortha said...

Loved your quilt and I'm sure your grandson will also.

Jennifer said...

Very nice! I'm sure your grandson will love it! And how perfect that all the fabric came from your stash...

Jennifer :)

mypatchworkantahkarana said...

That wonderful labor, I have been charmed with your blog which I am going to continue very closely. Kisses from Spain. Ah! My Englishman excuses, but there am not given I very well.

CJ said...

I have that magazine and want to make that quilt...someday. YOURS looks great!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love this quilt. Yours is darling and sweet. Scraps rule.

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice and great for a boy's room.

Carol said...

What a wonderful quilt! Your grandson is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your version! You did a fabulous job with the colors. =)

Becky said...

I studied this pattern when the magazine arrived in the mail. Your quilt looks wonderful. That's going to be one happy grandson.

AnnieO said...

I loved this quilt on the cover and your version looks just as terrific! Have fun quilting it. What a treasure it will be.