Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wonder Clips

 Have you tried 
when binding your quilts?
I have seen these little red clips
recently available
in the notion department at
my local quilt shops
but wondered if they were really
worth the purchase price.
I bind a lot of quilts,
and decided to give them a try.
 I am happy to report that 
truly are a 
"great alternative to pins"
and my new favorite notion.
The strong spring holds 
multiple layers of fabrics evenly in place,
and I found the 1/4" marking on the
bottom foot
helpful in wrapping the 
binding over evenly.
One friend told me she especially likes 
using them when sewing with vinyls
when she makes bags.
 The clip packages come in various quantities.
I started out with a couple 10-piece cards
to give them a try,
but noticed that 
currently stocks them at a great price for
 the 50 pack
I will be buying more.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds great - I'm sure I will give them a try sooner or later. In the meantime I will stick with my hair clips :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love them. Did you know they make BIGGER ones too. Connecting Threads carries them.

sharonquilts said...

I just discovered those clips and used them for the binding of my lastest quilt. Wish I had had them years ago. Love 'em!

Sara said...

I bought them earlier this winter and absolutely love them. I have some carpal tunnel in my left hand and have noticed I don't have to grip the quilt as hard as I used to when binding. Well worth the money.

Jennifer said...

Michael's also carries them in the 10 and 50 pack and the best part you can use a coupon!

trish said...

I have not used these clips before and have seen them so much on quilting blocks. I will drop by Amazon for a look!
I hope you are having a nice week. :o)

Carol said...

I LOVE them! I've also gotten them at Joann's with a coupon...great price then!

Nanette Merrill said...

I got them too, what a great invention.