Thursday, April 11, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt Finish

 The  
T-Shirt quilt
I have been making for my 
Sister-In-Law Lori
is now quilted and bound.
It's always a good feeling
to have a finish, 
especially when it is a gift for someone special.
 Many thanks to my friend
Pat Roche (Pat's Just Quilting)
for her beautiful long arm work.
 Happy family memories 
combined together
are now ready to be sent back to
Lori in Utah.
 Memories of 
working with the Boy Scouts,
or attending the 2002 Olympics.
 T-shirts 
that show support for
a local sports team,
 Or a souvenir from 
places of employment.
 This quilt will be a 
 warm  reminder 
of wonderful travels in Brazil...
 
... and Mexico.
 Sometimes our T-Shirts preserve a bit of history,
like the logo on a sweatshirt
 from an Airline
 where my BIL used to work,
but is no longer in business.
 Lori even sent me a bed sheet
remembering the days when they used to live 
in Cleveland.
I used part of that sheet 
for the back of the quilt.
Making a T-Shirt quilt 
is as easy as can be
when using the techniques from the
from 
Crooked Nickel

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful Nedra. I'm sure the recipient will treasure it. I have a trunk full of old baseball tee's and uniforms from Max's baseball years. It's on my to do list--that just get's longer--not shorter!

dream quilt create said...

The quilt is beautiful, what a wonderful gift it will be :)