Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild/ April

 The Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild
is a relatively new guild
but, now that we are up and running
there are 
so many fun things going on!
 Danny has started the
Vitamin D Bee
a bee group where
they take turns each month
making a block for the members.
 This month
the group made a 
Swoon block
for Danny
Love her fabric choices.
 Ever since Camille came out with this pattern,
I have had it on my to-do list.
 And there was a pincushion swap.
 My favorite 
was a design created by Tracy.
 I asked Tracy how she made this pincushion,
and she said she created the top
using her mini-Dresden ruler.
 The guild has completed their
first Charity Quilt.
 And for our meeting
Alissa Clark taught a 
Paper Piecing Workshop
We had a choice of making 
this cup...
or Soda bottle.
The above work in progress is by Kirsten.
So many talented ladies in this group!
meets the 3rd Saturday of every month.
We would love to have you join us!
For more information,
see the PMQG 
web page

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have the swoon blocks on my list too but have not purchased the pattern yet and haven't of course gotten around to making it! one day - nice to trust the quilters in the group to make blocks for each other - one time I did that and had only a couple of the blocks the same size!! everyone's quarter inch was different I guess.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

I also have the Swoon block on my list. It seems easy half-squares and squares. I would be afraid because of all the seam allowances to having others make it for me in fear of different quarter inches, as Karen - Quilts...etc. mentioned above. Just need to cross a couple more UFO's off the list and then I share start a new project. :)
The paper piecing looks like lots of fun! I need someone to show me how. I have done a star block by paper piecing, but the whimsical designs of everyday object scare me. sigh...

•stephanie• said...

love those swoon blocks with the low volume background!
i'm with the others here - a bit of a control freak.
letting someone else make my blocks scares me!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Looks like a fun group. I love the paper pieced blocks.

Nat Palaskas said...

It looks like fun Nedra. I missed all these activities I used to be part of when I lived in Abu Dhabi. Your guild is very active. Have fun! Hugs Nat

Nanette Merrill said...

I've been looking for a paper piecing class that will teach modern stuff like what is on ayumi's blog or verykerryberry. I love the paper piece blocks here. And that news print is perfect in Danny's quilt.